Wednesday, April 10, 2013

{ standing on the sky } yogi. witness. photographer. austin, tx

I have been taking my downside up. Changing routines and moving in new ways. It feels amazing. Sometimes it is as simple as putting my feet above my head and letting my blood flow, vision, and balance shift. Sometimes it has required a greater strength of will and meant leaving a beloved job to pursue deep passions and fulfill a unique role.

sirsasana1sm

"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. You are unique, and if that is not fulfilled, then something has been lost." - Martha Graham

garudasanasirsasana2sm

Today I marvel at how much I have shifted in life just by breathing, noticing, and choosing. Although it has been tremendously scary at times, responding to the gentle pull of my heart's desire is exhilarating. My steps feel lighter, my sleep more sound, and my body more alive. I made a choice to let go of what was known and open to the chance to learn what might be...I want to remember this day and cherish the blessing and reward of giving what I uniquely have, and not letting my fear hold me back. I want to remember to breathe, to be here, to explicitly feel every touch, and experience each sensation. Life is beautiful.

garudasanasirsasana1smBW




yogablogsign1

No comments: