Monday, December 8, 2008

it's beginning to look a lo... a little like christmas

Well perhaps the Barbie tank and lime green shorts don't really look like Christmas, but it is looking a bit more festive here in my abode. As a family this Saturday we pulled out the Christmas tree and decorations and started getting things ready for the holidays!

{trimming the tree}

Masyn seems to believe that Summer is never ending, and dressed herself in shorts and a tank top.... I found that terribly endearing. I was shivering in pj pants and a long sleeve tee, but I do run a normal body temp of 94.5* so I guess maybe I am not the best weather gauge.

{trimming the tree}

Evelyn was all grabby and rearing to go. Though she had some interesting ideas about where to place the fake snow tree skirt....

{trimming the tree}

...over all she did quite well. However it is incumbent upon me to report that Mary and one shepherd are now missing from the nativity and Evelyn is prime suspect because she enjoys "creatively placing" all the Christmas decorations.

{trimming the tree}

This year our tree is hosting ALL the ornaments.... not just the color coordinated ones. My OCD was in overdrive and I had a very freeing day by allowing the girls to use even the mismatching tree embellishments. My confession though, is that I have always preferred homemade ornaments. So now I am making a goal to create handmade ornaments for next years tree that will all be fun and festive, but still look good together (semi-matching). Yes, I am trying to live the cliche of "have my cake and eat it too."

Lastly, I am opening myself to ridicule, sympathy, homogeneity, or potential demise of my blog altogether. I am sharing a self portrait that includes my messy living room. At least it's a fun picture, I can take the heat (in all honesty, I'm so cold lately that all heat is welcome).

{trimming the tree}

Don't you love Colbie Caillat singing "Mistletoe?" I love her music.

signblog

5 comments:

Hana said...

I have to say that I am the same way when it comes to decorating the tree. It's hard to just let go and let the kids put whatever wherever. Congrats on doing that! LOL!

nic said...

i let the kids do the tree, then rearrange it all after they're in bed. ;) so far they haven't noticed.

i love me some homemade ornaments, too. happy christmas, sweets!

The Golf Widow said...

I love the self portrait and messy living room.Awesome!I confess I let my little ones hang everything and then when they have had their fun, I redecorate. Bad MOM!

Rebekah said...

Puh-leez! That living room does not look nearly as messy as it could be :D

Great self portrait shot - really great!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that photo! So cool. Also love Colbie Caillat!:)