Friday, April 6, 2007

One More Thing...




I love a lot of things about Springtime...but this has to be one of the best advantages to the warming weather and pollen in the air.


Actually, this rose looked better yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to snap a picture. Today it's still gorgeous and I found myself wanting to sit and stare at it for a long time. Hmm..."maybe I should take a picture" finally rang in my mind. Funny thing was, I knew that the moment I grabbed my camera I was going to need to share this on here. Some flowers are just too pretty to be kept to oneself.


Also, I have to note that a rose is on my TOP 5 list of favorite flowers. I adore them, no matter how ordinary they seem to others and how cliche it sounds....there is nothing quite like a rose (except a Peony, I love them more.....). Yes, a rose has it's thorns, and therein lies so many "life lessons" and metaphors. My mind swims with poetic comparisons.


Check out this lovely cluster Floribunda, Sexy Rexy (and that name holds special meaning to me as a past addict of the corny flick Empire Records). I would love to have a big section in my garden devoted to these! Maybe when I retire and have more time for gardening....


Amelia

14 comments:

gillian said...

How awsome ia Empire Records!?! So perfect that I have it in multiples! I need to watch it again. It's been too long.

Love the Video Killed the Radio Star part best.

Or maybe the shoplifter scene. ROFL!

I wanted that job SO badly. And ya, the cute boys. And Sexy Rexy.

What a great cast too!

Yeah, i like that movie too. Lol.

~gyl

gillian said...

I have to point out that I love that movie so much i forgot your post was about that pretty rose!

And Sexy Rexy. ;)

amelia said...

I was crazy over A.J. LOL

I'm glad to know someone else who knows and loves this movie. It's not your typical "classic" eh? ;o)

Yes, Video Killed The Radio Star was my fave part too...well and also when the girls made fun of Rex.

Amelia

Anonymous said...

Empire Records?!?! How much do I LOVE LOVE that movie!

Head shaving, vetos, Sugar High on top of the store.....*sigh* Great movie.

Gorgeous pic, too, Amelia!

Sarah :)

amelia said...

Sarah we're just too much alike eh?! ;o) Lovers of pink and wild teen movies!

Amelia

Queen In My House of Blue said...

i should have known that YOU would be an empire records fan!! one of the first movies i ever bought!! i loved that!!!
haha!
i miss you more!

amelia said...

Karen!!! We both should have known, what do we not have in common?!?!?

*HUGS*

Amelia

Anonymous said...

Amelia - I LOVE me some teen angst movies. ;)

Sarah

amelia said...

Sarah..."oh yeah-yuh" to quote my eloquent 3 year old...

You've found common ground for sure. I bet you've seen Some Kind Of Wonderful, tell me you have, please say you have!

Amelia

Anonymous said...

Um, ya! I've seen Some Kind of Wonderful like a hundred times.

Also:

The Breakfast Club
Pretty in Pink
St. Elmo's Fire (not really teen, but it's still OK)
Save the Last Dance

and the penultimate......

Dirty Dancing!

Girl I can RECITE that movie! "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" Yeah, go Johnny!

Sarah :)

erin said...

Wow what a beautiful picture!

amelia said...

Thank you Erin!

Sarah~

Yes
Yes
Never seen it
Yes

and....

"I carried a watermelon...??" I can totally relate!

Amelia

Morgan said...

okay, I came back to catch up on comments...now I know why the phrase "Some Kind of Wonderful" has been rolling around in my head, lol! I just used it to describe my hubby on my blog. LOL!

I have never seen any of these besides DD! How wierd am I!

btw~ beautiful rose...they are my most favorite flower :o)

amelia said...

Thanks!!

Morgan~ Not weird, you're probably smarter than I am, I killed off a lot of brain cells by watching some of these movies too many times. LOL, I'm convinced they have made me a little dumber each time I watch them (which might be why I like them so much, LOL).

Amelia