Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Undoing...


This is the story of the end of my normal "Tomato" pin cushion...


Once upon a time, in a very small and foreign only to those who didn't abide there land....


There lived an ordinary pin cushion. She never aspired to much, but little did she know that her life would become something unique and displayed for many to see.


Never expecting for a moment that she was going to encounter big changes that night, the little pin cushion sat on the top shelf of a newly painted cabinet in Amelia's studio. Red and green, like all the other cushions she had seen in her life. Amelia sat before her, sewing and seemingly unaware of being watched. Suddenly, the pin cushion was plucked from the shelf, and undressed piece by piece. Amelia began to craft a new dress for the little cushion...and the cushion's excitement began to mount. These fabrics were far more striking and full of color than her previous red ensemble. The seamstress before her added stitching and patches, tied her up tightly (the cushion believed she lost s full dress size!) and poured a fantastic fray resistant liquid on her loose threads.


Happily clothed in a new array of prints and feeling like she could conquer the world, our lovely little cushion was placed back on the shelf drifted off to sleep. Lulled by the sound of Amelia's sewing machine she dreamt of the adventures to come in her new outfit.


The next day Amelia woke her and began to snap photographs...she wondered what they might be used for. She overheard the plan....she was going to become a post on Amelia's blog. The place where Amelia shared her thoughts, her observations, and even some of her projects....the little cushion, now placed back on the turquoise shelf smiled to herself at the thought of being seen by so many.


The End.

13 comments:

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

How do I order some of your work? I love all of you creative bloggers.

amelia said...

Thanks so much Sally! I sell the majority of my stuff on eBay under the ID sweet_feet_boutique, and I sell on www.blossomst.com in the Arbors section.

Amelia

Morgan said...

hehe, someone's been reading ALOT of fairytales :o) Cute story...

amelia said...

That's the truth!!

Amelia

Tonya said...

Too cute! Way to find magic in the everyday things in life. This made me smile. Thanks for sharing...

amelia said...

Thanks Tonya! That's what it did for me as well, just lightened my morning a little bit more to have a little joke (but please don't tell the pin cushion, I think she is really enjoying her moment in the spotlight...). ;o)

Amelia

Lisa~ said...

Oh my goodness...you are to funny! You have a great imagination! :)

amelia said...

Thanks Lisa and Kim!!!

Amelia

Anonymous said...

Nyuk, nyuk! I love 'The Little Pincushion's New Clothes'....

Sarah :)

Laurie said...

Love this Amelia!!!! Girl...there is just no end to your creativity. Now...a challenge...come up with an outfit designed around your story....LOL The "Pincushion" Ensemble

amelia said...

LOL, Laurie maybe so....if I can ever find the time, that might be a good idea. :o)

Amelia

Anonymous said...

How very creative! Have you ever thought of writing childrens books? I think you would be fabulous at it!

amelia said...

Awe thank you so much! I do tell my girls some wild tales, but I think I might scare other parents with my imagination...you know, does anyone really respect the Wiggles??? ;o)

Amelia