Tuesday, April 3, 2007

That Time Of Year Around Here




This time of year in Texas it is not at all a strange sight to see a family pulled over on the side of the road shooting pictures in a cluster of Bluebonnets. Such was the case with me today....


bb1



Since Avery was 6 months old I have taken pictures of her in Bluebonnets, and only this year did that become a huge task. Having 3 girls to sit down and try to keep somewhat still was really a big feat. Masyn, oh sweet and wild Masyn.... She was somewhere new in every frame, and sometimes trying to move others!




bb4




She did manage to sneak in a good shove and knock Evelyn to her back.




wrong1




Matt and I have decided this night, after having tossed the idea out jokingly many times...Masyn should go into acting. Check out her rendition of "Field Of Poppies" from The Wizard of Oz. No, Masyn is NOT really asleep in this picture, although she could fool anyone with her fake snores and steady eyelids.

bb3


Masyn finally gave up on me and left me to take pictures of Avery and Evelyn while she played around in the State Flower (shhhh....she even picked one, but we left it there and explained about the law against picking bluebonnets). So it was pretty easy to snap a picture of just two girls, I love how Avery and Evelyn are both looking down in this one, they almost favor each other (almost...).




bb5




I would say it was worth the effort, I treasure these pictures each year and since I missed last year there is quite a change in the girls from 2005 to 2007! Hopefully next year will prove to be a little easier since I will be a more seasoned mom of 3.

Amelia

14 comments:

Lisa~ said...

Oh wow, great pictures!! Maybe Mason and Noah can take acting class together cause he is a drama king! :)

Michelle said...

What beautiful pictures Amelia---your little girls are so sweet!
Lovin' wild child Masyn--every family has to have one of those!

amelia said...

Thanks so much! Although difficult, it was still lots of fun.

Amelia

Anonymous said...

Awww, what sweet pictures! All this blogging about bluebonnets has inspired me to find a patch of trillums (our provincial flower) and take a few snaps of Catie in them!

Gorgeous family you have, Amelia!

Sarah :)

amelia said...

Oh Sarah that sounds pretty, I can't wait to see!

Thanks!

Amelia

Emily said...

Beautiful pictures!

Laurie said...

Absolutely gorgeous pics!! Love your little wiggle worm....I think her and Amber are related!!! LOL

amelia said...

Thank you!!

Amelia

amelia said...

Thank you so much Kim!!

Amelia

Anonymous said...

I am in love with these bluebonnets photos! I love the whimsy you can see in the girls. Thank you for sharing them!
Ann

amelia said...

Ann~

Thank you so much! Your blog is beautiful!!

Amelia

Queen In My House of Blue said...

Connor loves Masyn!! and Liam was eyeing Evelyn!! I know he was!! They are ALL beautiful!!!

amelia said...

Train Liam now that older women are a good thing! LOL
Masyn talks about Connor ALL the time. I'm sure that it has nothing to do with me always showing her pictures on the cell phone of his little toehead self...but hey whatever. ;o)

Christine said...

Beautiful photos! Your girls are so sweet!